Sunday, May 10, 2009

Puerto Rico Even Continued...

I could help it there's a great story and memory here and the pictures help describe it. We decided to go to a tropical island and sleep on the beach with just the minimum. Yeah, we brought sleeping bags and a tarp. Bad idea. We came back from the other side of the island after having dinner and found all of our stuff different than the way we left it. It hadn't rained on the other side of the island so we were confused, especially since the island gets rain only a couple times a year. Looks like our luck got us again and a freak rain cloud dumped just enough rain to get our sleeping bags and clothes wet. It was around midnight when we got back so we tried to get some sleep. Next we got our second beating for not comping prepared. No matter what we did, every square inch of exposed skin turned into a Thanksgiving Feast for the billions of bugs that came out of the jungle. It was a literal war two against billions!! I took like 100,000 while Heath was taking cover inside his 110 degree sauna bag. Somehow he got sleep that night. While I was praying for the sun to somehow come up earlier than usual, I paced the beach, it was the only way to keep the blood suckers off me! Lucky I had my tripod. I took these shots. Best thing is we survived. Don't wanna know what kind of tropical disease I might have now from those bugs. It was all worth it again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

I've never been so glad to see the sun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Photography By Jo said...

I'm so jealous of all these pictures! It makes me want to take a trip!

FuturePedDoc said...

very awesome man! You could market for Puerto Rico. Who wouldn't want a holliday there after seeing these.